The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 12 calls for service from March 12, 8 AM till March 13, 8 AM. During the same time period there were two people lodged in Terrace Cells, none for public intoxication.
- Police observed the 24 yr old driver of a black 2006 Chevrolet truck smoking what appeared to be a marihuana joint. The truck was pulled over in the Skeena Mall Parking lot. Investigation resulted in the seizure of an amount of cocaine and marihuana. Under investigation.
- Group of people drinking alcohol on Spark St. Checks were done of the area. A man approached police to make an enquiry. Checks determined that there was a warrant for his arrest out of New Hazelton. Police arrested the 44 yr old man and he is held for court.
- Man was observed urinating on a building near Mr. Mike’s. Police spoke with a man matching the description in the area.
- Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart arrested a 16 yr old boy for shoplifting. Police spoke with the boy. Under investigation.
- Suicidal 22 yr old man. He was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment.
- False 911 call from a cell phone. Checks were done of the area of Pear St and Graham Ave.
- Traffic incident near Walmart
- A red 2010 Dodge Caravan parked on Pear St was vandalized sometime during the night of March 11/12. The rear wiper was pushed out of position.
- Domestic dispute. Uttering threats. Under investigation.
- False residential alarm on Hawthorne Ave.
- Landlord/tenant dispute on Kilby Rd.
- Pointing a firearm investigation. The firearm was turned over to police. It was fake.
Gitaus, Kitsumkalum, Kulspai
- Nothing to report
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.