The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 22 calls for service from March 11th, 8 AM till March 12th, 8 AM. During the same time period there were four people lodged in Terrace Cells. Two of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- Two intoxicated people passed out in a stairwell of a business on Emerson St. Police spoke with a 36 yr old man and a 30 yr old woman and they went on their way.
- Police observed a man holding an open bottle of alcohol and vomiting on the sidewalk of Greig Ave. Police arrested the 36 yr old man and dumped the alcohol.
- Intoxicated woman walking on Lakelse Ave. Police arrested the 18 yr old woman.
- Suicidal 13 yr old boy. Police spoke with numerous people.
- Insecure business on Kalum St. Police observed a window that appeared to have become slightly dislodged. A property rep was called.
- A man was observed to jump another man from behind and slam his head into a wall on Lakelse Ave. A manager of a business confronted the two men and they left. Checks were done of the area.
- Suspicious man running towards the TD Bank on Lakelse Ave. Police spoke with a man matching the description provided. An offence was not committed.
- Two men and a woman refused to leave a residence the previous night. They eventually did leave. Police involvement was not needed.
- Sexual assault investigation.
- False business alarm on Pohle Ave.
- A man kicked a dog. Investigation determined that the dog jumped its enclosure and attacked the man’s dog. The man kicked the dog in attempt to stop the dog fight then was bit by the escaped dog. He sustained minor injuries. Police advised Terrace Animal Control of the situation.
- Dropped 911 call at the Terrace Arena. Checks were done of the area.
- Warrants were issued for a 31 yr old man and two 27 yr old women for failing to attend court.
- A man threatened another man for posting pictures of him on Facebook. Police spoke with man and gave advice on the situation. The posting accusation in unfounded, the man is not even on Facebook.
- The passenger side window of a red 2011 Ford F350 smashed out when driving on Hwy 16/Crescent St. The incident is unexplained.
- A 22 yr old man threatened a taxi driver. Investigation ongoing.
- An intoxicated man attempted to sell a pair of sunglasses to a pedestrian on Clark St. When the pedestrian refused the man became angry and belligerent. Police arrested the 22 yr old man.
- Chimney fire in a residence on Marion Ave. Thornhill Fire Department attended and assisted in putting the fire out. No structural damage.
- Sexual Assault investigation that occurred in another community.
- The front door was open of a residence. Police ensured that nobody needed help at the residence then closed the door.
- Nothing to report
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.