The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 29 calls for service from March 10, 8 AM till March 11, 8 AM. During the same time period there were three people lodged in Terrace Cells, all for intoxication.
- Five drunk men in the alley behind Fiori Designs off Lakelse ave. Checks were done of the area.
- A man was spotted who may have a warrant for his arrest. Checks were done and the man did not have a warrant.
- Several dirty drug needles were found in a bathroom of a business. Police seized and disposed of the needles.
- Intoxicated woman near Marks Work Warehouse. Checks were done of the area.
- Intoxicated group of people arguing then dancing on Lakelse Ave. A 43 yr old man and a 31 yr old woman were arrested for intoxication. The rest of the group went on their way.
- Man passed out in a business on Lakelse Ave. Police arrested a 22 yr old man for intoxication.
- Man passed out in the ATM lobby of the TD Bank. Police spoke with two men and a woman who were waiting for a cheque to be deposited. They were told to check back later and they moved.
- Theft from an unlocked vehicle parked at a residence on Pear St. Money, insurance papers, and a charger were stolen.
- Facebook harassment. Police spoke with the people involved who agreed to cease their negative online activity.
- A man in breach of a no contact order. Police checked a residence and made numerous queries. Unsubstantiated.
- Unsafe turn into a crosswalk near Cassie Hall School. Police spoke with the people involved.
- Suicidal 41 yr old woman. Police spoke with the woman. Unfounded.
- A bystander witnessed a man attempting to steal merchandise at the Walmart delivery doors. The man fled when the bystander called out to him. The thief is described as a skinny Caucasian man wearing a red hat driving an old Chevy truck. Police spoke with Walmart staff.
- A woman reported that she was accused of stealing boots. Further police involvement was not needed.
- An intoxicated 14 yr old girl attempted to assault a man in the George Little Park. The man called the girl’s parent who picked her up.
- A 22 yr old man assaulted an employee at Chances Casino. The man was denied entry so he threw an object at the employee. No injuries. Police had already arrested the 22 yr old man for intoxication.
- A couple fighting outside of the Damp Shelter on Sparks St. Police spoke with the man and woman. No offence committed.
- False business alarm on Kalum St.
- Missing 27 yr old woman. She returned on her own accord later in the evening.
- Familial dispute. A 22 yr old son refused to do his own dishes after making his Ichiban. Police spoke with the people involved and came to a resolution.
- A black and white pleather wallet containing various cards and ID was lost at Dairy Queen on March 6th.
- Uttering threats investigation. A person owes money and is being threatened to pay up. Under investigation.
- Domestic situation. Police spoke with the people involved. No offence committed. Advice was given on the matter.
- Wellbeing concern for a 63 yr old man. He returned to his residence a short time later and all was well.
- A damaged fire hydrant in a hit and run at the corner of Clark St/Thornhill Frontage Rd at the Chevron card lock. The hydrant was knocked off and caused flooding in the area. Under investigation.
- Assist West Kelowna RCMP with notification.
Rural, Kitsumkalum, Kulspai, Gitaus
- nothing to report
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.