The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 65 calls for service from March 8th, 8 AM till March 10th, 8 AM. During the same time period there were fourteen people lodged in Terrace Cells. Eight of these people were lodged for intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- Assault. A man was walking on Kalum St with friends when an 18 yr old man approached him and demanded money owed. When he refused the 18 yr old man assaulted him, causing minor injuries. Police arrested 18 yr old Shayne Robinson and he is charged with attempted Robbery. At the time of this incident he was currently on: an Undertaking for Break and Enter, Probation for two counts of Breach, and a Recognizance of Bail for Assault Causing Bodily Harm. He is held for court.
- A red 1990 Toyota Camry was pulled over on Hwy 16 at Old Lakelse Lake Dr. An amount of marihuana was seized from the 24 yr old driver.
- Two men inside of Copperside 3 on Kalum St stating that there were people who may assault them if they leave. Police were directed to a man acting belligerent and confrontational. Checks determined that there was a warrant for his arrest. Police arrested the 26 yr old intoxicated man.
- A white 2000 GMC Sierra lost control and hit the ditch on Hwy 37 south approximately 10 minutes towards Kitimat. The driver was uninjured. A tow truck was called to remove the vehicle from the ditch. The vehicle as not damaged.
- Four vehicle incident on Old Lakelse Lake Dr/Woeste Ave. A grey 2010 GMC Sierra Crew cab lost control when it swerved to avoid a black 1998 Ford Lariat and collided with a red 2000 Chevrolet Silverado in the oncoming lane. The GMC and the Chevrolet sustained major damage and were towed. The Ford was travelling slowly to avoid a vehicle that was partially stuck off the roadway. Bystanders dug this vehicle out of the snow. No injuries.
- Theft of two planters from outside of an apartment on Greig Ave. One is grey and rectangular and the other is metallic blue and round. Both are heavy. They were stolen between 1 PM and 9:30 PM on March 7th.
- A group of people were walking on Lakelse Ave near the Tim Horton’s on Saturday night shortly after 10 PM when a beige 4 door Chevy drove by and someone threw an empty Fireball bottle out the window striking one of them. No injuries. Checks were done of the area.
- A blue 2011 Chevrolet Cruz was pulled over on Hwy 16/Koefoed Dr. The 20 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in warns. She was issued an Immediate Roadside Prohibition.
- Shoplifter at Dollarama. Police conducted patrols in the area and located the man in a backyard of a residence on Davis Ave. He fled when police called out to him. A backpack containing numerous stolen items was recovered. Under investigation.
- A brown Dodge Caravan was pulled over on Lakelse Ave near the Back Eddy Pub. The 33 yr old driver provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a fail. He was arrested and transported to the detachment where he provided three samples of breath that were over double the legal limit. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel. The vehicle was impounded.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.