The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 34 calls for service from January 22nd, 8 AM till January 23rd, 8 AM. During the same time period there were three people lodged in Terrace Cells. One of these persons was lodged for intoxication.
- A 16 yr old shoplifter was arrested by a Safeway employee. Police turned the youth over to his parent.
- A woman screaming and running in the area of McDonald’s being chased by three men. Police located a 13 yr old girl who matched the description provided. She was fine.
- A young suspicious woman examining jewellery in behind a dumpster. Checks were done of the area.
- Warrant issued for 31 yr old woman for failing to attend court.
- False business alarm on Eby St
- Landlord tenant dispute with threats being uttered. Police spoke with the people involved.
- False business alarm on Walsh Ave.
- Panic alarm at Mills Memorial Hospital. An unruly patient. Police stood by and kept the peace.
- A man got out of his truck and approached another man in a vehicle in a threatening way. Checks were done of the area.
- Unsecure building on Kalum St. Police cleared the building.
- Intoxicated man wondering the bush. BC Ambulance transported the man to Mills Memorial Hospital. Police were called to Mills Memorial Hospital a short time later and arrested the 47 yr old man for public intoxication.
- Loss prevention officer arrested a shoplifter who was being belligerent and throwing things. Police attended and arrested the 39 yr old man. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Three false residential alarms same residence on Yeo St.
- False business alarm on Lazelle Ave.
- Abandoned 911 call from a payphone at the Terrace Arena. Checks were done of the area.
- A man wanted on warrants called to turn himself in. Police checked various residences. The man decided to do this in another town.
- False business alarm on Eby St.
- Domestic assault. A man kicked a door in and assaulted a woman. Police transported the woman to Mills Memorial Hospital for treatment of injuries received. A 37 yr old man was arrested for assault and is held for court. He was on probation for a similar incident.
- Suicidal 18 yr old woman. Police located the woman walking and apprehended her under the Mental Health Act.
- Two people sitting on the shoulder of Hwy 16 near Walmart. Checks were done of the area.
- Theft of cell phone. Further details were not obtained.
- Disturbance at a residence on Kalum St. Police spoke with the people involved. No offence committed.
- False 911 call from a residence on Park Ave. Children were playing with the phone.
- A person reported an offence that was already being investigated.
- A black and grey Guess wallet containing various cards and ID was stolen from a vehicle parked on Old Lakelse Lake Dr.
- Missing 31 yr old woman. She was not missing.
- Fight outside of a residence on Mountainview Ave. A woman was transported via BC Ambulance to Mills Memorial Hospital for treatment of injuries. The fight was consensual.
- Disturbance at the Northern Motor Inn. Police arrested a 43 yr old woman for public intoxication.
- A green 1997 Ford Explorer was pulled over on Hwy 37/Keith Ave for failing to comply with a Notice and Order.
- Breach of a no contact order stemming from a domestic. Under investigation.
- Wellbeing concern of a 2 yr old child.
- Threats investigation stemming from a domestic.
- A lost gold horse shoe ring with a horse in the center.
- Rash of suspicious circumstances occurring to a woman. Police spoke with her about the matter.
- A logging truck driving in an erratic manner between Terrace and New Hazelton. Police have contacted the registered owner and other agencies.
- A dog left its property and attacked another dog that a man was walking on Williams Creek Ave. Police issued a fine for dangerous dog at large.
- Information received from Conservation Office in regards to officer safety.
- A white 2010 Chevrolet Express Van was pulled over on Hwy 37 near Onion Lake. The 60 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in fails. He was issued an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Disturbance at a residence. Police spoke with two intoxicated yelling men. A 34 yr old man was transported to another residence till sobriety could prevail.
- Nothing to report
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at External link, opens in a new windowwww.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.