February 21st, 2014 24 hour news release
The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 35 calls for service from February 20th, 8 AM till February 21st, 8 AM. During the same time period there were 7 people lodged in Terrace Cells. Six of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- Police observed a man enter and then exit the Coast Cold Beer and Wine Store. The man was followed into the back alley and a group of people were observed passing an open alcohol beverage around. The alcohol was dumped.
- Police were conducting a foot patrol and observed two men consuming alcohol in an alley off of Lazelle Ave. A 31 yr old man was arrested. A 34 yr old man was sent on his way.
- Hit and run to a Toyota Corolla parked in front of the Bank of Montreal on Lakelse Ave. Under investigation.
- False business alarm on Lazelle Ave. Police were cancelled prior to attendance.
- Intoxicated woman in the washroom of a business on Emerson St. Checks determined the woman in breach of probation by consuming alcohol. Police arrested the 36 yr old woman and charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- False business alarm on Lazelle Ave.
- Intoxicated man fell down at Kalum St/Greig Ave. Police arrested an 18 yr old man.
- A youth drove a white ATV across the old bridge into Thornhill. Checks were done of the area.
- Two men yelling on Emerson St. A second call was received that they were now physically fighting. Police found one man matching the description provided in the area. He was intoxicated and uncooperative. Police arrested the 20 yr old man.
- A black pouch style wallet containing various cards and ID was lost possibly at Mr Mike’s on February 15th.
- A wallet left at the Terrace Inn Liquor Store was turned in to be returned to its owner.
- Police observed a group of people consuming alcohol in behind ET Kenny School on Loen Ave. This was the second time in the day that police dealt with this 38 yr old man for the same offense. He was arrested. The alcohol was disposed of.
- A man uttered threats to a woman in a customer line up of a business. Investigation determined that there was a history and long feud associated to the people involved and conflicting versions of events. The people involved all left to their respective communities in which they live. An offence was not committed.
- An intoxicated woman refusing to leave a residence on Mills Ave. Police spoke with the 46 yr old woman and eventually arrested her when she continued to refuse to leave.
- A shot was heard near the A&W. Checks were done and people were spoken with in the area. Unsubstantiated.
- A group of kids with a bright light possibly making ski jumps at Kitikishan School. Police attended and found a group of kids making ski jumps on the hill at the school. They were great kids, polite, sober, and not being overly loud.
- Drug investigation.
- Drug investigation.
- Party on Haugland Ave. Checks were done of the area.
- A man in a black and red sweater beating up a woman’s father in the George Little Park. Unsubstantiated.
- A 2005 Chevrolet truck was pulled over on Feeney Ave/Cramer St. The 31 yr old driver provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a warn. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Domestic dispute. Police spoke with the people involved. A resolution could not be reached. Police arrested a 30 yr old intoxicated woman.
- Missing 13 yr old girl. She was located safe.
- A man knocked at a door wanting to buy drugs. The homeowner sent him on his way. Checks were done of the area of Scott Ave.
- Horses on the loose at Halliwell Ave/Sparks St. They were secured by the owner.
- A blue 1988 Ford truck was pulled over on Aspen Ave. The 19 yr old driver was prohibited. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Domestic argument. Everyone had left prior to police attendance. Police spoke with the people involved later in the day. No offence was committed.
- A man refusing to leave a hotel. Police spoke with the man and he left.
- A white Chevrolet Astro van was pulled over on Aspen Ave/Cottonwood Cr. The 58 yr old driver provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a fail. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- An out of control 15 yr old boy smashing things. Police spoke with the boy.
- A women’s leather jacket was found. Police located the owner and returned it.
- A blue Ford Ranger was pulled over on Hwy 16 east of Terrace. An amount of marihuana was seized for destruction.
- A grey 2002 Dodge dually truck lost control on a curve and struck a barricade on Hwy 16 west near Polymar Creek. The vehicle sustained major damage and was towed. The driver suffered minor injuries.
- Intoxicated ex at a residence refusing to leave. He left prior to police attendance. Checks were done of the area.
- Abandoned vehicle on Kshish St. Police spoke with the registered owner and driver.
- Theft of an IPhone 5, white with colorful dots. The phone went missing during a party the woman was hosting.
- A man was bear sprayed by another man. Checks were done of an area.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.