Terrace RCMP December 19, 2012
|File # December 19, 2012 24 hour news release
2012-12-19 09:24 PSTThe Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 15 calls for service from December 18, 8 AM till December 19, 8 AM. During the same time period there were 4 people lodged in Terrace Cells. One of these people were lodged for public intoxication.Downtown Terrace– a grey Dodge truck with damage to the driver’s side and a yellow cargo strap hanging off it followed another driver on Kalum St and near the post office in what appeared to be a road rage incident. Checks were done of the area.- intoxicated man passed out in a stairwell of a business on Lakelse Ave. The man left prior to police attendance. Police arrested a 40 yr old man a short distance away for public intoxication.Elsewhere Terrace– a white truck was observed parked in front of Caledonia High School prior to school hours. Checks were done of area.- false 911 call from a business on Kenney St.- a woman in a green Honda disobeyed a flag person on Kalum St behind Tim Horton’s. Police spoke with the people involved.- suspicious package at Northwest Community College. Police determined it to be a lunch kit.- domestic dispute. A woman was assaulted by a man. The woman managed to flee to a neighbour’s residence to call police. BC Ambulance attended and transported the woman to Mills Memorial Hospital for treatment of injuries received. Police arrested a 54 yr old man. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– false business alarm on Kalum St.
– drug information received.
– information received on a previous news release on a suspect vehicle.
– a red Corolla doing doughnuts in a driveway. A firecracker was thrown at a truck parked in the driveway. Police spoke with the parent of the driver.
– damage to a chain link fence on a vacant property on Dobbie St from a truck with plow. Happened on December 8.
– suicidal 50 yr old man. Police transported the man to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment.
– a grey 2001 Jeep Cherokee was pulled over for speeding on Hwy 16. The 28 yr old driver was unable to produce a driver’s licence. Investigation led police to seize the vehicle under the Armored Vehicle and After-Market Compartment Control Act. Under investigation.
Kitusumkalum, Kulspai, Gitau
– nothing to report.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting “TERRACE plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES).